Sublimation ink is used to print on polyester and polyamide (lycra, nylon) fabrics, commonly used for sportswear and outerwear garments, along with any mixed synthetic fabrics with a minimum of 65% polyester fibres (though 80% and above yields a better print result). Sublimation is ideal for polyester sportswear because the ink does not sit on top of the fabric like screen-printing or direct-to-garment printing methods. Instead, the dye particles are infused into the fabric, yielding a softer and durable printed garment. Bright images do not fade or lose vibrancy over time, and the print moves smoothly with the fabric.
Sportswear includes any type of activewear clothing, from jerseys to shorts. Compression or formfitting sportswear is usually comprised of spandex, commonly used for sports such as track and field, dance, gymnastics, and swimming. Whatever the sport, we are here to make the uniforms look good!
- We offer polyester poplin, jersey micro, and mesh micro fabrics, but you are free to bring your own fabric to test and sublimate on.
The benefits of sublimating Sportswear include:
- Custom designs for individual customers
- Permanence: images do not wash off or fade
- Printing does not crack
- Designs are dyed directly onto the fabric
- Colors, blends, shadows, shapes are not limited with sublimation printing